Thursday, June 21, 2012

But then again ~ Maybe I AM!


I paid a home visit to my beautiful "GYPSY" and her Forever Family yesterday. 
To say that it made me happy to see how happy and loved my sweet Gypsy is would be a major understatement!  

I can remember so clearly how guilty and sad I felt the day that Shaun and Megan drove away with the beautiful Plott Hound/mix that I had rescued from a high kill shelter in North Carolina.  It broke my heart to see the confusion in Gypsy's eyes as I walked away from the car that would take her to her new life.  I was so afraid that she would feel abandoned yet again!


Gypsy brought  me her beloved "Monkey toy" that I sent  with her to her new home.  I'm glad she had that 'little bit of me' with her to help her adjust to her new family.

She also showed me (from the comfort of between her Forever Dad's feet) her NEW fuzzy, squeaky toy.


I swear, Gypsy was proudly showing me how loved and happy she is!


As she went from Shaun to Megan to me for love and snuggles.

She is definitely enjoying being so very loved!



THIS is what I LOVE about doing canine rescue!



With JD, Gypsy and Cricket now safely and happily ensconced in their Forever homes, I am now in the process of choosing the next dogs that I will rescue and re-home.  It is a difficult process in that I look at hundreds of photos of sweet, sad, desperate, pleading, hopeful and hopeless dogs that so deserve a second chance at happiness and a good life.  It is heart wrenching knowing that I can only help a few at a time unless I get other people who are willing to provide Foster homes for dogs that I've rescued, until I place them with their Forever Families.  And money is always desperately needed to cover veterinary care and food for the precious souls that I am able to save!  

I've started a new "ChipIn" in hopes that you might be willing to help cover the expenses that each new rescue brings.  Right now, I am in the process of trying to save three, PUPPIES from the same high kill shelter that Gypsy came from! 



"Porter"

 All three were scheduled to be euthanized THIS WEEK!  It costs about a hundred dollars (each!) to pull them from the shelter and put them into boarding until transport can be arranged to bring them to the Bluff Country.  Then, of course, there will be extensive vetting once they are here.  None has received the loving care that they deserve so each will need to be brought up to date on vaccinations, worming, tested for heartworm and put on preventative (if, please God!) they are heartworm free, and spayed or neutered.  I'm figuring at least $200 per pup for all of that!


And that doesn't even take into consideration Puppy FOOD and toys! Needless to say, the ONLY reason that I am able to save these sweet souls in because of the kindness and generosity of people like YOU! Without your donations, I couldn't bring these innocent puppies to safety and prepare them for their Forever Homes!

Considering the fact that Bluff Country Canine Rescue has managed to save NINE deserving canines thus far,  I'd say that we're a pretty darn good TEAM!!!

Thank YOU 
 for you helping me help these puppies!

11 comments:

  1. God Bless you Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:16 AM

    I can't contribute this month, but I hope next month I gave send something! Bless you Nancy, I wish we could foster but right now it's just not feasible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that first photo is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, is everything okay there? You haven't posted to your own blogs or commented on others (that I've seen) for a long time. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:31 PM

    I hope you're okay. Miss you and your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, you're scaring me! Let us know if you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you stopped by x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes....just pop in and say hi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I couldn’t seem to find an email. And I was hoping to ask you a question about your dog?
    –Shaye
    shayewalsh1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
    bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
    have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nancy - I'm hoping that this comment will make it's way to your email - check out my blog and see where our new sheep came from!!! XOX Tina.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin