Thursday, March 23, 2006

They even come in WHITE!!!

Meet "Bluff Country Flash Flood" Isn't she beautiful? I think she looks like an angel. She's the sweetest little thing you could ever ask for too; a very gentle ewe. I decided that I should show that I do also have some WHITE Shetlands. In fact I have two. Flash and her dam: "Lost Lake Farm Phoebe". They look very much alike. In fact it was Phoebe's angelic face (and incredible fleece!) that made me HAVE to buy her from her breeders in Indiana. Flash and Phoebe both have exquisite, "intermediate" fleece. By intermediate I mean it is longer stapled (5 to 6 inches) yet has the fineness and crimp typically found in the single-coated Shetlands. There is no discernible difference between inner & outer coats on an intermediate fleeced Shetland. Both Phoebe & Flash's fleece are incredibly soft and 'bouncy'. An absolute delight to spin and make the most luscious yarn!
These lovely white fleeces will be available for sale after shearing, this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin