Wednesday, March 15, 2006

We're ready!

BEFORE
The weatherman is forecasting a MAJOR winter storm here, late tonight and tomorrow. We're supposed to get 5 to 6 inches of snow tonight and then another 8 to 10 inches tomorrow! I spent a good part of the day outside with my sheep. Took some pictures for "before & after" shearing (and the storm). The little bit of snow we got with the last storm is just about gone. I fed the sheep off the ground, as usual, but also filled all the feeders in the barns. They've got enough hay for 2 days. Of course, I realize that they'll eat it all tonight and tomorrow morning. ;-) But I don't want my girls to go hungry! Especially with only a month 'till lambing. Zenith and Skittles don't look like they're too hungry...I'll post some "full-fleece" shots tomorrow. I got some really pretty pictures of Zodiak (black/iset). Here's a little teaser. This is a close up I took of Zodiak's profile as she was standing next to me. I know you can't see her fleece ~ those will start tomorrow ~ but I think it's a cool picture...it might make a good "button" one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin