Thursday, August 19, 2010

A new member of the Family ~
A.K.A. "City Cat ~ Country Cat"!


We have been blessed with the care of a wonderful kitty named "Bella"
To avoid confusion with my "Bellamica" ~ whom I often call Bella, I call the kitty "Bella Kitty".

She is a sweetheart!


Bella Kitty came from a family that loved her very much and were SO sad to let her go.  But she had developed a very bad habit of not using her litter box.  The family even took her to the vet to make sure there was no physical problem and tried all sorts of 'remedies' to try to alleviate the problem, but Bella Kitty kept 'marking' in her family's home.  It was with a very heavy heart that the decision was made to rehome Bella.


Bella Kitty came to live with us last Sunday.  She's been staying in a large (8 x 8 foot) pen in my garage, to give her a chance to get used to my other animals.  She's such a mellow girl that she made friends with Sable & Bellamica right away!


My cats still aren't sure what to make of her but they all tolerate each other with no aggression. 
Today was the first day that I brought Bella Kitty outside...


She was curious about but respectful of the chickens.



Bella Kitty enjoyed hanging out in the chickens 'hide-away' .



She checked out the whole backyard.


Isn't she beautiful?




She even went out and introduced herself to the sheep!


Bella Kitty is very good about coming to me when I call her. 
She loves to be picked up and snuggled!

When she finally had enough exploring for one day,


She headed back into the garage,
All.  By.  Herself!

;-)

What a good kitty!


DREAM says...


"We;come to the Bluff Country, Bella Kitty.
Now, who broke my swing???"


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:33 PM

    Ummmm.... she is neither calico colored nor does she have HST markings.... you either need to spraypaint the ca, or get a grey sheep for her to match. Everyone else follows the those 2 rules.... she rather sticks out! ;) LOL! Welcome Bella Kitty!
    Katie in WI

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great match for all of you! Did I miss something, or is Dream taking the year off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:30 PM

    You just wrote a children's picture book in this blogpost, Nancy.
    Diane L./Bloomington,IN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Katie ~ Bella Kitty goes with "Mimi" kitty! Mimi WAS the only grey animal ~ now we have two. ;-)

    Yes, Michelle ~ it does appear that Dream took the year off. I'm fine with that ~ considering that I didn't really intend to breed ANY sheep last year!

    Thank you, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Nancy -

    You know that now you've said that, you're going to go out in the morning to find Dreamer with quadruplet lambs!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on Bella Kitty. She looks like a fine addition to the farmstead. My Echo cat looks very much like her, although I would guess smaller. Here is to a long and happy life at Bluff Country!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and lucky kitty to come live at your house and she looks like she has already moved in, is so great to see her so comfortable to be out walking among all the other critters. My sister just took in a cat the owners could not do anything with..she was a wild crazy attack cat... she kept her in a large dog crate and could hardly get near her to feed her without the cat flying at her....and now she has a lap cat that loves her and gets along with all her other critters, I have two like that, that I rescued when they were wild sick kittens, I find if you rescue a cat it is your friend forever. Bella Kitty is a lucky kitty to come to your house!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin