Monday, August 30, 2010

Smudge's turn...


I posted photos of Zaria's mioget, ewe lamb, "Snip"  having her first halter lesson the other day.  Today I'll feature Snip's sister, "Smudge":


Smudge proved to be every bit as 'atheletic' as her sister when I held the lead rope.


Look at all the pretty white UNDER Smudge's muzzle, jaw and neck!
I also suspect that, like her dam, Smudge will be Shaela.


Life is rough when you're a lamb!

A little moral support:



Sweet Sara thinks she might just be missing out on something.

Zaria moves in to comfort her distraught daughter:


Poor baby!


I got a kick out of this though...


See the 'cookie'?


Chomp, chomp, chomp. 
No more cookie!
I guess she's not THAT  truamatized!

Then again...


Since Smudge was either airborn or sprawled on her side, I decided to end the halter lesson for the day.  I did, however, leave the halter on her for a while.
Smudge, rushed off to the the comfort and security of her mom and sister.


Maybe she'll get a little more used to the feeling of the halter and be a LITTLE more cooperative next time?


Before Smudge gets her next lesson, there's one more lamb that I need to get started.  DAISY will be leaving with Smudge and Snip, next week...


"Uh-Oh!"


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:03 PM

    AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such drama! I never knew sheep were such actors? Hee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good drama queen! Its so amusing esp. when its not me doing the acting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:07 AM

    Your lambs are quite the jokers :-) Please do share Daisy's experience with us!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is just too funny. Ewe lambs always seem to be the most offended. Love the cookie offering. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I wish I had that lovely green carpet for my halter-training lambs to flop in! Everything here is dry (and dirty) - even the lawn; you can imagine the fleeces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly N11:54 AM

    Did Dream ever have lambs?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin