Thursday, October 21, 2010

And the Winners are...


I want to thank everyone who took the time to offer an opinion regarding the name of my new business adventure.  I appreciate all the suggestions and input.  I still have not decided, for sure, which name I am going to use ~ I think I will discuss it at my Business Development class next week.

I can tell you that the most popular name in this contest was "Bluff Country Dreams", with a close second place going to "Bluff Country Treasures".

Without further ado, DREAM would like to announce the winners of the two Give Away Contests:


"The winner of the sheep figurine is:  *Bea*"
"The only problem with this is that Bea's entry does not have a link with it that enables Mom to contact her, so we're going to have to hope that she contacts Mom to claim her prize!"

"Believe it or not, the same thing happened with the winner of a bar of Mom's Homemade Goat milk Soap!  *Betty*  is the person selected in the random drawing, but she also doesn't have a link!  We hope you'll get in touch with Mom, Betty, so she can send you a bar of whatever soap you would like!"  The most popular scent voted for in the contest was clearly Lavender.  Guess Mom will have to make some more of that!

Thank you all for voting.
I think Mom may just have another contest coming up soon..."

A word from the shepherdess:


I had a wonderful visit with my Dear Friends, Linda a Pete, in Pennsylvania and had the chance to have a (very emotional) last snuggle with two of my all-time favorite ewes.  Bluff Country Zest (moorit) and Bluff Country Zodiak (black/iset) now make their home with Linda and Pete.  I have no doubt that they will be loved and well cared for, for the rest of their lives.  But it was so very painful for me to see them and pet them and cry onto Zest's shoulder, one last time.  I feel overwhelmed with guilt for having 'betrayed' them and sent them away from the only home they have ever known.  Even now, as I write this, the tears are flowing.

Thank you, Linda and Pete for giving these two lovely ladies (and all of the other sheep you have purchased from me over the years!) a loving home.  And for putting up with this tearful shepherdess. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a post about the wonderful day that Pete and Linda and I had exploring the wine country of New York and Barcelona Beach! 
Hint:
I've started a new "collection"!!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! How exciting! I won! I'll email you my contact info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nancy!! Congrats to the winners!! I thought about a name for you over the weekend, and all I could come up with was a blank, and that I did like the suggestions! I really thought I could come up with something clever because I have come up with a couple of names for businesses that have been used, including the dental practice I work in. That's what I get for thinking I guess! :-)))

    I'm glad your trip went well, and look forward to reading about it very soon!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin