Friday, October 08, 2010

Sometimes ~
Dreams really DO come true!


Stop the presses!


Mom's got some really exciting  news that she wants to share with you,
her blogger friends who have stood by her through some pretty dicey ups and downs, over the years...


As you probably know, Mom has been out of work since November of last year.


Things have been a little rough, but Dream kept assuring Mom that everything would work out okay.


The problem is:  Mom really LIKED being home all the time.
She got a lot done and kept herself very busy.


She really hated the idea of going back to work, forty hours every week.


We hated that idea too!

Mom says that somebody "up there" must really love her because today she found out that she has been accepted into the State of Minnesota's Small Business Development Program., formally called "Project GATE II"

(whatever THAT means!)
All I know is it means that Mom is REALLY happy.


She said that those Project Gate people are going to help her set up and run her own, home-based business.  I think that means that she gets to stay home and spin and felt and knit and teach classes on those things.  She also said she's going to be selling the two different kinds of spinning wheels that she owns and will be teaching lessons on.  Something about "once they learn how to spin, they'll need a wheel!".  And of course, then they'll need our WOOL!


It sounds like a pretty good idea to ME.

I guess Mom really likes making her homemade, goat milk soap


So she'll be selling that and even teaching other people how to make their own! 
Mom sure is going to be busy! 


  She even said she wants to help other moms start up their own home based business too...

DREAM says...


"I knew it all along." 
"I'm real glad that Mom is happy and will get to stay at home but I sure hope that she has time to  keep these stupid chickens out of my pasture!!!"

I'll do my best, Dreamer!  My orientation into the program is on October 27.  I'll go to school to learn about all sorts of "business things" , like  creating a business plan, accounting and bookkeeping, taxes, insurance, marketing and all sorts of other things!  The  program will work with me for the first year of my business to make sure that I'm solidly on my feet and up and running before I'm on my own.

I feel like the luckiest woman in the WORLD!


Boy!  That Dreamer sure is SMART!


I'm gonna be smart like her when I  grow up!

Yes you will, Sizzle.
I know you will!

;-)

22 comments:

  1. Awesome! That sounds like my DREAM job! Unfortunately, until I get my farm and get it paid off, I doubt that'll be the case for me. I'm so happy for you Nancy, it's just awesome news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a great opportunity for you and a natural fit. Best wishes and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HURRAY-HURRAY-HURRAY!!! It couldn't happen to a nicer person! Although, I will predict NOW that you will look back at some time in your very busy future and think that 40-hour/week job may have been the easier and less time-consuming of your options. :-) Never fear, loving what you do is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful news, Nancy! Sounds like a great program and very good for you. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great! Congratulations on all counts. :)
    Wish I was close enough to take a class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:21 AM

    That is such great news. You of all people deserve this. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic! Yes, the 40-hour a week world has nothing on working from home, especially if "home" involves fiber, animals, and the outdoors. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful news, Nancy. Especially since all the critters are behind you in your endeavor. Please tell Daisy that my Emma caught a garter snake this morning and tried to bring it inside....

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO happy for you, darling gal!!! You deserve this bit of good luck, and I know you will make the most of it.

    More good news - I finally got a van!! And I can drive it (at least for now)!! Email me at ravensegge at gmail dot com and let's get together while the weather is still nice and I am still semi-mobile. You can show me everything (and everyone), I'm very excited to finally have the chance to meet you in person!! (yes, and you too, Dreamer...)
    Yay!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Nancy! You're such a natural at marketing, I'm sure you'll do just great in the program. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:19 AM

    Congratulations Nancy!!! I've followed your blog forever and admire you so much. I'm so happy that you have this awesome opportunity to do what you really love. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANK YOU to everyone for your support and good wishes. My blog family has come to mean so much to me. It always amazes me when somebody writes that they've followed my blog for years ~ it's kind of like having family all over the place, that I don't even know about!

    I'll do my best to make you all proud!

    Don't worry, Gail ~ as I told my counselor for the Business Development Program ~ I'll happily work 90 hours a week at home to avoid having to work 40 hours a week for someone else!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Nancy! That is inspiring news for all of us who dream of getting away from the wage slave life. Not that you won't be continuing to work incredibly hard. Best wishes, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marilyn2:32 PM

    Congradulations!
    Sounds like a wonderful program to help make being self employed succesfull.
    I think the saying goes..
    Find a job you love and you never work a day in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous5:58 PM

    Totally enjoyed reading your post. All the best to you, Nancy.
    Diane L./Bloomington,IN.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy, and PROUD of my Mama :) I think you've got all the skill, creativity, and intelligence to make it work. What a great idea, I hope I can help in any way you ever need me, it sounds like fun :) (and sizzle is adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:55 PM

    That's really great, Nancy. So happy for you- and the critters. Sounds like a great opportunity for all parties!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, Nancy! You go! :)
    I sure wish we had a program like that here in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for the well wishes! Anyone that thinks they may be interested in something like this should check with their local "Workforce" office. It's not the Unemployment office. I had no idea this program was an option either, Kathy. If I hadn't called the Workforce office to ask about getting assistance taking a class at a nearby college, I would never have known that it existed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Nancy! What a wonderful program and opportunity for you. Please keep us updated on how things transpire.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is GREAT news!!! Congratulations :-D.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin