Saturday, December 26, 2009

It was a White Christmas in the Bluff Country...


For the first time in her life, my Beautiful Baby Girl wasn't  with her 'family' for Christmas this year.  She's spending the Holidays with her Fiance and his family in Loiusiana.  We missed her VERY much but spoke to her a number of times and thought about her often.  I know that Katie is missing not only her family but the beautiufl snow that abounds in the Bluff Country.  This is for her:





Is it just my imagination or does Dazzel look quite pleased with herself?


I miss the colorful flowers around the chicken barn during the winter months, but the snow has it's own charm...


Katie's favorite spot in my backyard:

I'm hoping to see Katie and Carter sitting there in FEBRUARY!

Sable seems oblivious to the sheep!


But she LOVES the snow!




She and Bella have become good friends!

Sable's impersonation of a Cat:

All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas.  Icy roads kept me home Christmas Eve but I was able to make it into town to spend time with Pam & Karl and my three Grandsons at Ben's house on Christmas Day.  It was so fun to get together with them!  As I said, we all missed Katie but were happy that she was able to spend the Holiday with the  man that she loves with all her heart!

DREAM says...

"We hope you had a wonderful Christmas too!
Mom says the New Year is either going to be an incredible year of new beginnings and growth or one of great loss.  I'm voting for new beginnings (again!) and growth!"

9 comments:

  1. These are great pictures for someone who doesn't get to see the white stuff much. Hope the rest of your holiday season is just as beautiful.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the snow too. Love the picture of the sheep looking at the pup :-). To a happy NEW year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Girlfriend!
    Hey, no matter WHAT 2010 throws our way, we'll handle it. We are strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful. I love your photos of sheep in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sable is growing fast and looks exuberant in the snow. I love the way the sheep are following a small trail in the snow. Sometimes love keeps dear ones apart at Christmas. I'm glad you could keep in touch.
    Take care.
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo looking forward to 2010...enjoyed Christmas, but happy to move ahead! Fun photos. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures of the sheep in the snow, but Sable sniffing the door with the sheep looking on is probably my favorite. I'm glad you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you mom :)

    My Swing's looking pretty good right now, though I may be swapping Hot Ovaltine for Wine come February :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your Christmas was a good one and the New Year will be everything good for you, Nancy! I loved seeing Alice in the group of sheep in the snow. Makes me think of Skit. I hope he's doing his "job" in Colorado. Jared was even going to have him "collected" to keep his genes going.
    While I miss my buddy, Skit, I know he's where he should be - and spreading "it" aorund with alot more ewes! heeheehee
    Bless you all there in the Bluff Country!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin