Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Favorite Re-Run ...

As we wrap Up another year, I am grateful to have my Mantra to fall back on for a final post for 2009. I must admit to being in a bit of a slump and having a hard time coming up with something new to write about. Fortunately, this is one of my all-time favorite posts anyway and I don't mind sharing it once again...

GONNA BE A  BEAR...

 In this life, I am a woman.

In my next life I'd like to come back as a bear.
When you're a bear you get to hibernate...

nothing but sleep for six months.
I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid.
I could deal with that.

When you're a girl bear, you birth your children, who are the size of walnuts, while you are sleeping...

and wake up to practically grown-up, cute cuddly cubs.
 I could deal with that.

If you're a momma bear, everyone knows you mean business.
You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too...

I could definitely deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate expects you to wake up growling.
 He expects you to have hairy legs and excess body fat.
I could deal with that.

Yup..

gonna be a bear.

DREAM says....


"Me Too!"

9 comments:

  1. It's still delightful!!! And a younger Dreamer - cool! Happy New Year to all of you.

    Nancy in Iowa (snowed in!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and don't forget you get to wear a nice fur coat all through the wintertime!
    Blessings to you and your family and animals from Star x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you in 2010 with your sheep, beautiful chickens, and that cute puppy (and puppy play tales with beautiful Bella). I'm sure you'll have a bounty to write about! You know what my "puppy", Annabelle just did? She played with a ball of expensive roving when we left the house!!! It was shredded. Amy at Wheely Wooly Farm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:47 PM

    LOL! I can't let any of my (teddy) bears see this or they'll get big heads, then eat me out of house-and-home and pretend to hibernate for six months so they don't have to do anything.

    We (my family and I) have so enjoyed your blog this year, though I only found you a few months ago. Thank you for all your open sharing of life, humor, and hurts. For a week after a recent peep-hatching post, we walked around saying, "Be still my heart" with Dream's dry tone for a week, and laughing.

    Many wishes for a joyful 2010 to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to a friend who I hope will bear with me through another year of blogging. May 2010 bring you more than just the bear-necessities and provide little to grizzle about :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:59 PM

    I LOVE the bear mantra! I could definitely deal with that also! Happy new year to you, your family and critters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year big sis! I hope 2010 is an amazingly wonderful year for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post, even a second time around! Hope you are having a good rest after the holiday rounds - and that you have a wonderful New Year!

    I understand about the moderation thing. I got a huge spew of comments from someone who copied the same message in Chinese to about six of my posts. I got TWO copies of each one in my inbox. Very annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:59 PM

    Happy New Year! Wishing you all of the best! Are you working on any spinning/knitting/craft projects now that the weather is coooooold? Well at least the days are getting longer now! Maggie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin