Sunday, May 08, 2011

Play it for me one more time...
Happy Mother's Day!


Another year has passed in the Bluff Country and once again my pastures are filled with bouncing lambs and attentive mothers.  Once again, my own children have amazed me with their constant love and encouragement throughout the year.  The cycle of life continues and I would like to pay tribute to Mother's Day by, once again, reposting an old favorite of mine.  Some of these pictures were taken 5 years ago or more.  Some of the sheep have moved on to new homes.  All have touched my life and my heart. 


Several years ago, I started a tradition of posting photos of my ewes with their lambs on Mother's Day. The following is the original post (click on any photo to enlarge):

In honor of the bond between mothers and children and the joy that my children have brought into my life, I dedicate today's post to that most life-affirming of miracles: Motherhood...

My beautiful "Diva" discovering motherhood for the very first time.
 


The bond is almost instantaneous. Diva and her son, "Rock Star".


Here's Alice with her 2005 ram lamb "Zahara". "Harry" went on to win the champion Shetland ram lamb class, at the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival, and is now a flock sire in Illinois...


Alice with Harry's sister, "Zola"...


This is Phoebe with "Flash Flood". I think Flash looks like an alpaca cria!


Here's Savannah with her daughter, "Zabrina"...


My beautiful Zaria with the handsome HST ram lambs that she gave me this year...


Alice, calmly caring for her newborn triplets...


The love between a ewe and her newborn lambs is palpable...this is Zest with Bella & Trinity.


And Zodiak with "Make a Wish" and "Dream Come True"...

Alice and "Glitter"...

Diva and "Rocky"...


I wish you all a wonderful Mother's Day. I am humbled by the knowledge that my mother loved me, more than life it self. I am grateful for the strength and courage she taught me and in awe of the way she faced life (and death). She will always be with me. And with MY children...


Pam, Ben and Katie ~ I love you more than you could ever know. And I wish for you the same JOY that you have brought to my life.


7 comments:

  1. This is lovely,Nancy, just lovely.
    Thanks for the wonderful photos and have a Happy Mother's Day. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just precious...I especially love that first photo.

    Happy Mothers Day
    Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post - loving motherhood shows in all your lambs, but especially in your love for your own children.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know which photo I like the best, they are all wonderful!

    I hope your day has been a relaxing and enjoyable one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:30 PM

    Nancy -- sweet pictures. Assuming you haven't had time or energy for this, but your link on top still doesn't work

    Jean - MN

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always a gorgeous post. I hope that you have the happiest of days with your BBG. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:15 PM

    Hi Nancy,

    What a great tribute to Mothers and Mother's Day!

    Did Zaria have little ramlets this year, too? Her fleece is sheered in the photo-- Must be last year?????

    May your Mother's Day Blessings continue as your BBG arrives soon! Hope your're feeling better than you were Saturday. One of my friends at work said she also woke up feeling crappy on Saturday. That makes 3 of us--I think sometimes weather affects pain. I had a lovely mother's day and felt really good yesterday but should not have had those 2 extra glasses of wine--woke up with another headache today--it's better now :>)

    Terry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin