Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Obsessive Compulsive...

It looks pretty peacefull, doesn't it?


Well, let me tell you:  looks are decieving! 
I went out early, to spend some quiet time with my sheep and snap some photos before the sun got too glaring.  However, what I saw made me absolutely CRAZY...


It wasn't Godiva, lounging peacefully in the shade.


Nor was it Dream or Zorro or even the dogs.
No.  What made me absolutely, completely, uncontrollobly, out of my mind obsessed was
Dazzle!


OMG!


Just LOOK at that!


Could you possibly NOT be compelled to gentle remove large handsful of fleece???


It's literally FALLING off.
In CHUNKS!

I just ran into the house to get a bucket to put the wool in...
MUST roo!!!

6 comments:

  1. You have beautiful sheep! One of my ewes started rooing right before the County Fair! Needless to say she didn't get grand champion.
    Jackie
    Chelan, WA
    www.sheepmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn1:11 PM

    That last photo?
    Is she looking forward to your getting that fleece off her?
    Or imploring somebody HELP...you won't believe what this lady want to do!

    Marilyn
    ps...wonderfull looking sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:48 PM

    Oooh, Nancy, rooing Dazzle looks like it's gonna be fun!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Tolly is rooing too and I don't know what to do. I don't want to loose his fleece but it's still rather cold to be taking it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off: HOW DARE YOU SCARE ME LIKE THAT! I thought, with all the serene pictures leading up to some big climax that there was a predator in the pasture, or someone was completely missing or something! I was all set to call and console you. But you were compelled to pluck fleece!?!? For pete's sake.
    And secondly: Gorgeous pictures. Spring has definitely come to the valley. The green and sun speckled shade, and peaceful critters lending their voices to the air... I miss home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, lovely looking fleece!!

    BTW... any chance at all that you'll be coming to Shepherd's Harvest? Hmmm? Just a little? A teensy bit? Pleeeeeeeeeze?
    (can you tell I'm making Bambi Eyes at you?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin