Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's ABUSE, I tell ya!


Tia here.
  I want to tell everyone the TRUTH about the animal cruelty that's happening at 
Bluff Country Shetlands.



You see, Kahlua and I have just been hanging around, eating grass and minding our own business, when Mom decides to start RIPPING THE WOOL RIGHT OFF OF OUR BODIES!!!

I've got PROOF!
Just look at our poor, naked necks...



Mom seems to think that just because it didn't hurt or anything, it's OK.
She says it's an ancient process called 'rooing' that has been used instead of shearing primitive sheep for centuries, and that the wool is already loosened and ready to fall out.. 
I don't care WHAT Mom says...
It's a matter of principle!!!


At least it WAS until Mom mentioned paying a man to come over with a noisy machine, who would come over and set us on our butts and cut off ALL OF OUR WOOL AT ONCE!!!

At which point Kahlua said:


"Shut up Tia!"

*
*
*
*

(that's VERBAL ABUSE!)

9 comments:

  1. your so funny. If it gets hot where you are they are going to love getting rid of all that wool. Can you imagine how hot? Have you ever seen the little kid movie about a sheap who is embarrassed and feels naked after shearing? It's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, Karen! I've not seen the movie but I think my sheep feel so good after shearing that they MUST think they look beautiful! I always think they look beautiful anyway ~ like tiny little deer. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love your new way of explaining rooing. Two thumbs up. BTW-I'm sure both of them will forgive you eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were already following me around and begging for more 'cookies' after I quit rooing for the day!

      Thanks for stopping by Kelly.

      Delete
  3. Haha. Crazy sheep. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh!
      Don't tell anyone!

      Delete
  4. I can almost see the defiance in her eyes! What a cutie she is and I bet a handful as well!
    Have fun this weekend with those sweet gals...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of 'rooing', but those sheep do look ready to lose some wool! Sorry Kahlua and Tia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:53 AM

    Wow, your sheep are just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin