Friday, April 13, 2012

A JOYOUS Reunion...


I got to visit with a former rescue and Forever Friend on Wednesday.  For the first time since she was adopted by her wonderful new "Parents", I saw our beautiful JILL 


I'm pretty sure that she was almost as happy to see me as I was to see her!


To think that I was worried she wouldn't remember me!
(not really)
;-)
We had a pretty strong bond built up over the time that "my" little Carolina Dog stayed with me in the Bluff Country.


She has a new name ("Lola") to go with her new life.  I think that Lola is a perfect name for our exotic beauty!  


I can't even begin to explain how happy it made me to see 'Lola' happy and confident in her very own home.  As much as I MISS her, she has her own family now and is loved  and thriving.

Lola showed me around her home and did a bit of showing off for me...


She has a nice, big, fenced in back yard.  


And LOTS of tennis balls.


Her new Dad has taught her some tricks.
Lola has the best 'sit', 'hi-five' and cutest little, drop-to-the-floor-like-a-sack-of-bones 'down', you have ever seen!  

She goes for lots of walks and visiting family and friends with her Mom & Dad.  
Perhaps Best of All...


Lola is going to come stay with me for a WEEK when her new Mom & Dad go on a trip this fall!  

It filled my heart with Joy to spend some time with this sweet, wonderful canine again.  The only negative was having to say good-bye one more time.  It was quite apparent that Lola thought she was coming with me ~ as she ran to the front door with her tail wagging ~ it made me sad to have to leave her behind but I will definitely go see her again (soon!) and I know that she is quite happy and VERY loved in her new home. 

Life is Good for Lola!


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:23 AM

    That's so wonderful and she certainly looked happy to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos Nancy! It made my heart so lifted up to see the two of you together like that! Life really can be so good, thanks for sharing these precious moments!
    Have a great weekend....
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah,

    Those first pics were so cool - nope, I don't think she's forgotten your Mum :)

    Great that she's coming to play with you for a whole week buddy :)

    Have fun,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for Jill/Lola. It's seems that FINALLY, what ever Lola wanted... Lola got. How wonderful.
    I think that you bonded very strongly with this dog. Your feelings are still deeply apparent. This is still hard for you and "Jill".
    I wish her well and I'm so glad that you got to see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SOOOOO right about this still being hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Hi Nancy,

    I'm glad it's working out for Lola and her new family!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin