Friday, February 15, 2008

Going to the Bank...

I'm heading for the bank to make a deposit to my savings account.


I have it set up so that if I ever don't have the funds in my checking account to cover a check, the bank automatically transfers it from my savings account. Unfortunately, my savings account was down to ZERO. Fortunately, I save quarters. The jar is one I marked when my Step son lived with Don and I. I was teaching him the different coins so marked a jar for each coin and Richie would practice putting coins in the right jar. I have a jar for nickels, one for dimes, and this one for quarters. They add up FAST. I'm betting there's over $100.00 in there...

DREAM says...

..."Life is GOOD in the Bluff Country!"

2 comments:

  1. I never have change in my wallet. I dump it all into a large milk bottle to save it. I am always amazed how much I can actually save doing this.
    Our savings have had to be tapped during all the house damage-business we've been in...but when the incurance company pays us, it will go back in before my other half uses it for bills. LOL!
    I think everythings tight for everyone right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Years ago, I got one of those gallon wine jugs (green glass... likely even had a screw on top, but maybe not). I filled it with pennies .. and took it to the bank.
    Then I filled it with nickles. And took it to the bank.
    Now.... we're filling it with dimes.
    Dimes take forever, they're so small! But I'm guessing it'll have over $300.00 when it's done.

    All other coins go into a tin that's about 2.5x4x6. It fills up faster. When it's full, it goes to the bank. Of course, it gets raided for parking meter money from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin