Saturday, September 11, 2010

Eternal Options...
This could make me change my mind about cremation!


WOOL COFFINS!!!


The Swaledale casket is made using pure virgin wool, supported on a strong recycled fibreboard frame. Wool is a fiber with a true "green" lineage that is both sustainable and biodegradable. The interior is generously lined with cotton and attractively edged in jute.

Independently tested and accredited for strength and weight bearing, the Swaledale's unique design combines the highest environmental standards with an attractive and soft feel. Designed to differ from the traditional wooden casket, it offers a contemporary style with comfortable handling. The concept is completed with a personalized embroidered woolen name plate. All the materials used in the Swaledale casket are readily biodegradable and suitable for cremation and all types of burial.
 

What a GREAT idea!
Being wrapped in wool is like being given an Eternal Hug!
I absolutely love this idea and if I weren't planning on being cremated (with no visitation) this is the type of coffin I would want.

DREAM says...


"I've already GOT one!  And a wool pillow as well..."

That you do, my beautiful Dreamer,
that you do!

;-)



8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Hi Nancy,

    Those look downright cozy--interesting how creative people can get with wool...
    Sorry I pooped out today on going to Jefferson--hope you saw my e-mail sent last night. Just too much to do here, esp. in the garden, and have been at it all day, but thinking of you--I had hoped maybe you and your friend were still able to go but looks like you stayed here judging by the time or your posting.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Nancy -

    Hey, they have cremation holders too! You can still be HUG'd for eternity! :)

    Is Dreamer sleeping on Dazzle there? I think I recognize her swoosh pattern.

    Well, after sleeping for about 18 hours, I think the antibiotics finally had a chance to work! I woke up (late this afternoon) feeling like a human being again! I can swallow, and food tastes "right"! I may never take such a normal thing for granted ever again.

    I wish I'd gotten better a day sooner so that we could have gone... Is Sunday worth going, or is everyone gone?

    Katie in WI

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Katie ~ that is Dazzle that Dream is lying up against. Good Job!!!

    I'm glad that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way even people's "final rest" is going green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, time for you me and Pam to have another Olive Garden chat. ;) (...oh my goodness does that sound nice)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:02 PM

    wow! a wool coffin. that is the coolest thing I'm seen in a while. (Maybe I don't get out enough?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I didn't know wool caskets existed! I've already decided to forego embalming when I die and go for the pine box, but I like the wool idea, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:38 AM

    We recently lost my Mum ( I am in the UK) and we chose this casket in brown. It looked so beautiful - and much softer than the usual big wooden box - everybody commented on how lovely it was and different from that jarring old mahogany with big brass handles. My niece commented that it looked warm and cozy - which gave me a little comfort. I would recommend these - and for people to step away from the harsh wooden caskets of old.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin