Saturday, October 07, 2006

OCTOBER. 1st ~ and the trip that almost wasn't!

Since I was out of the Country on the first of the month, I'll post the October, 2007 Calendar photo today. It features the three flock sires we used for our 2006 lambs; Bluff Country Apocalypse, Bluff Country Skittles and Sheepy Hollow Zorro. Zorro has moved on to his new home in Illinois and Skittles has finally made it to his new home in Arizona. You can see all the photos available in the 2007 Calendar by clicking on the link in the side-bar, to the right. Each picture is full color, suitable for framing, printed on Kodak Paper. Perhaps a 2007 "REAL sheep wear SHETLAND wool" Calendar would make a nice Christmas gift for you or someone you know....? ;-)

MY TRIP: it almost didn't happen. In fact, I was quite sure on Wednesday, 9/27 (the day before we were scheduled to leave) that I would NOT be going to Italy. Or anywhere else, for that matter!

On Wednesday morning, I was busily and happily packing in preparation for my drive to Minneapolis, MN., where I would spend the night at my Beautiful Baby Girl's before leaving for Italy on Thursday morning. I felt great. Full of joy and anticipation. Until shortly before noon, when I was struck with a horrific pain in the left side of my lower back. I was instantly nauseous and drenched in sweat. There was no doubt in my mind that this was 'something serious'. The only time I have experienced pain anywhere even close to this, was when I was in hard labor (many years ago!).

I won't bore you with all the details, but suffice it to say that the pain did not subside and I was rushed to the hospital (45 minutes away) via ambulance. I was torn between being afraid I was dying and that I wasn't dying. The pain was so intense I didn't even want to live. The ambulance crew was wonderful and supportive. Literally minutes before reaching the emergency room, the pain STOPPED. Yup. Just like that ~ stopped. As they wheeled me into the E.R. I informed the doctors and nurses that we had to hurry because I still had packing to do as I was "going to Italy tomorrow"!

The consensus was (after a series of tests & cat scans) that I had passed a Kidney Stone. I was given permission to take my trip (like anyone could have stopped me!) and sent home at 7 o'clock Wednesday night. I slept for a couple of hours, got up at 3:00 in the morning, drove to Katie's and we left for Italy, as planned!! (not that there weren't plenty of problems yet to be encountered, but that's another story....)

Dream says...

..."Rosie and I were sure scared when that noisy truck took Mom away and she didn't even say good-bye!"


  1. Nancy J9:57 AM

    Missed you and Dream! Glad all is well now, that you're back safe and sound, and that you'll share the Adventure! That noisy truck, as Dream says, is certainly scary and not-to-be-repeated!

  2. OMG - I hope things went uphill from there on - Glad you're home safe & sound - I'm sure I speak for many when I say we missed you :-) T.

  3. I'm glad that it decided to declare itself at home and not at 37,000 ft.! Being sick on an airplane is NO fun.
    It's wonderful to have you back and to learn that you had a wonderful time.

    Many hugs....

  4. THANK YOU ladies! It's nice to feel appreciated. I missed you too!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin