Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One year ago in the Bluff Country...

Because all of the snow has melted and it's UGLY outside it's raining out and I don't have any new photos for today, I thought it might be fun to see how things looked a YEAR ago.   I copied and pasted my post from 12/13 (apparently I didn't actually post on the 14th) of 2010 and I hope that you enjoy this "rerun" as much as I have!

Princess and Kiss are in the paddock by my backyard. 
They have the calf hut for shelter.


 They seem to appreciate having the calf hut for shelter!


There are snow drifts four feet deep between me and these girls!


Fortunately, the wind cleared a little opening, right in front of the door to the hut.


Sable goes out to check on them when I go out to feed and water.


She so wants to play with her friends and doesn't understand why they won't leave their calf hut!


But Princess and Kiss are not about to brave those snow drifts.


I can't say that I blame them!


Yes, I DO crawl through the drifts to put hay and water in the calf hut for the poor babies...


DREAM says...


"Awwww!  Poor  Mom!  There aren't any snow drifts in HERE!"
       " te he he h e he..."

"Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin