Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Prayers Answered!

Thank you God!
They're home.

Bella and Sable are safe and back home where they belong!
I think perhaps they even feel a bit guilty.


*click on image to biggify*


You see, they ran away last night!
I let them out into the 'side pasture' (which has electric fence around it but the fence is not hooked up).  It's the dogs favorite place to be at night and I usually just leave the gate from the back yard open so that they can go out there when ever they want.  They sit out at the top of the hill and bark at everything and nothing.  I don't let my dogs run loose but last night something must have really got them excited because they either jumped the fence or ran through it.   They did that once before but were only gone a couple of hours.  Anytime that the have ran off on me, they have always been back in a few hours.  Usually full of burrs, but back home.  They have NEVER been gone overnight.


When they still weren't home this morning, I was terrified.  I called and called for them.  I opened the garage door so that they could come in for their breakfast.  And I prayed. 


With everything that I have been through in the past few months, I have never been as frightened as I was this morning.  My dogs are my daily dose of love.  They love me and I love them.  They make me smile.  I talk to them and they make me laugh.  I can't imagine my life without them.   I could not stay out here if they weren't with me.  I'd be lost.

Needless to say, I was over joyed when I saw Bella trotting down the gravel road across from my place.  When I rushed out the front door (thanking God like crazy!) to greet her, there was Sable in the front yard!  I'd been calling and calling all last night and this morning with no results.  Now, they both "appeared" ~ as if by magic. 
But I know it wasn't magic...

Sable was quite full of burrs and smelled like she'd had a run in with a skunk!  I don't think she took a direct hit, but she definitely had a close encounter.   She can't come in until I'm ready to give her a bath.  I didn't want to put her through the torture of trying to brush & comb all the burrs out of her long coat so I cut it off!


She looks quite ridiculous but I don't even care.  I'm just so glad to have my dogs back.


Now it's time to bring them in for their bath.
So that I can snuggle with them and they can sleep on my bed with me tonight!


Thank you God.
For always knowing when I really can't take any more and then, giving me a break.  I am so very grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin