Saturday, November 26, 2011

SO much to be thankful for...

I know that this is a bit late.
Surprise, surprise.
;-)

It's not that I wasn't thinking about everything that I have to be thankful for.  In fact, it has been VERY much on my mind!'

I think that most importantly of all,
I am thankful to be ALIVE!
Lord knows how close I was to dying when I went into septic shock and spent three days in intensive care.  Although, at the time I was angry that the doctors kept me alive (because I was in so much pain ~ I just wanted them to let me go!), now that the pain is no longer intense, I am ever so grateful that they pulled me through!

I am thankful for my incredible family and awesome friends who gave SO much of their time to take care of me when I was too sick to take care of myself.

I still can't believe that Corry even fed the PIGS!

And the chickens.


Not to mention the sheep:


I am so grateful for the love of friends like Corry and Katie Wise and Jean Meuller, and the unending devotion of my daughters Katie and Pam and son Ben that kept my life going for me while I was so sick for so long.

And then  I got Breast Cancer!
With Pam by my side, every step of the way, and my sister keeping my home and animals going, I got the very best treatment and I feel optimistic about my future.   The one good thing about having breast cancer is that it gave me the chance to spend much quality time with Pam and my three grandsons.


The love and support that I received from family and friends ~ including notes of encouragement and strength from my blogging friends ~ got me through my second major crisis of the year.

Heck, I'm even thankful that my house did not sell when I put it on the market!
Now, I'm doing something that I love:  rescuing homeless dogs from a death that they do not deserve.  I know how much I missed my dogs when I had to stay in town at Pam's, in order to be close to the hospital, and I know how much HOPE and PEACE their presence brings into my life.  It feels good to be able to give a little of that back.
Speaking of hope and peace...
I'm Thankful that my sister Penny bought two of my ewe lambs

So that I'll have the opportunity to rebuild my flock!
(it will have to stay very small though, due to my limited physical strength)

I am also grateful that my friend Jean, who bought Alice and Dream and Zaria (so that they will always be close to me!) Jean is letting me breed Zaria again and I will get to keep one of her 2012 lambs.

I'm thankful for the beautiful valley that I live in.


And my magnificent dogs who make every day a day filled with love.



My heart is full of joy knowing  that my Beautiful Baby Girl found and married the man of her dreams.  A man who is her equal in strength and courage and commitment.


I am thankful that my family and friends are all healthy and that, once again, I am looking forward to the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin