Tuesday, February 07, 2012

So many kinds of Love...

*as always, click on image to biggify*
 
The following photo and verse was posted on Facebook by the author:
PK Shader


I don't know Ms/Mr. Shader personally, but the words touch my heart so deeply and describe so perfectly the bond of love between a good shepherd and his flock.  I've spent many an hour (but never enough!) sitting with my sheep and can confirm that it is indeed, a little bit of heaven.

As is the love of a good dog!
Wonderful news on the Rescue front:
Jake (who's name I am in the process of changing to "HERO" is home and doing very well!  I can't believe how quickly he has bounced back from such a horrible ordeal but he is as happy and loving ~ if not MORE SO ~ than he was before Sunday afternoon.   He has to be kept quiet for at least a week to make sure that a similar event doesn't take place.  I'm going to call Dr. Taggart to ask if it's OK if I take Hero for a walk or if I should wait a few days for that. 

A couple of things I'd like to clear up:
First of all, I got a call from the clinic of the first veterinarian that I called on Sunday.  You may remember that I was so upset because she never showed up at my place while I was waiting so desperately for help.  We apparently had a major communication breakdown because she was waiting for me at her clinic!  I feel terrible for all of the nasty thoughts I was having about her on Sunday night!
Secondly, there was no dog-fight.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that the reason his sutures broke open is because the dogs were playing "tug-o-war".  They have a large, rope/string toy that is made to tug-o-war with and Cisco and Jill play with it constantly.  I noticed a ton of strings from the toy all over the house when I came home Sunday night.  Nothing had been gotten into, nothing else out of place ~  just string and blood throughout the house.


Thank you all for the good wishes and prayers!

I also want to thank those of you who have donated to help support Bluff Country Canine Rescue.  We are a completely voluntary organization and can only do what your donations allow us to do!  Every little bit helps so PLEASE:  don't hesitate to give what ever you can afford.   You'll be helping me to save and find homes for dogs that are homeless or facing euthanazia in a "shelter" setting.  I promise you will feel good knowing that you are helping to make a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin