Friday, February 17, 2012

Where'd my "widget" go?

I have a little widget, on top of my sidebar, that is supposed to count down the days until my blog's anniversary.  I know it was getting down to the wire and then the stupid thing stopped functioning!  I was afraid that I'd missed my own "Blogiversary".  Fortunately, through Blogger, I am able to go back to my very first post (that wasn't even actually published ~ it was just me 'testing the waters') and see that the date was actually Feb. 19, 2006.  So I still have a couple of days.  Which is a good thing as I want to do something special for that blog post.  Not sure just what it will be yet, but I want it to be special.

Watch:  the pressure of having just said that will make me not post at all...



The above photo was the original photo used on my blog.  It is one of my all-time-favorite photos.  It shows Alice, as a yearling, napping by the big tree in my pasture.  That tree was the centerpiece in many photographs that I took of my sheep over the years.  Even today, the two remaining sheep on my property, Kahlua and Tia Maria, have chosen the base of that tree as their favorite place to relax.

I'm heading outside now.  I want to take a BUNCH of pictures of the sheep and the dogs for another post.  Perhaps I'll sit with the sheep for a while and ponder what I want to do for my Blogiversary post...

Wishing you all a Spendiferous Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin