Friday, July 28, 2006

Not what we'd planned...


This handsome young man is my favorite oldest Grandson, "Josh". Josh is standing by the apple tree I planted for him when he was just a little boy. The first thing he wanted to do, last night, was go check the apples on his tree...


There were LOTS of apples, but most of them had bug damage, so we decided that they'd be a nice treat for the sheep.


This is my favorite MIDDLE Grandson, "Matt". Matt's got the bucket of apples ready to go feed the girls...

Needless to say, the girls were quite happy to see Josh and Matt! The boys always bring them treats. ;-)



After giving the ewes and lambs their treats, Josh and Matt decided to give a couple of the girls halter lessons. Diva and Zest did VERY well for having not been on halter for over a year! We were going to 'camp out' in my back yard but decided that it was too hot (and nobody knew how to put up the tent!) so opted for the air-conditioned living room instead. We made a cozy bed in the middle of the living room and watched a great movie (I can't remember the name of it ~ something like "The Rookie" ~ about a young boy who pitches for the Chicago cubs). About the time the movie ended, Josh commented that he wasn't feeling very well. He was hot and wanted a fan. He also said his tummy hurt. Within minutes, Josh was laying on the floor in the bathroom and I had called his Mom & Dad who were on their way to come get him. My poor boy got SO sick on his way back home....

I feel bad that our night ended with Josh being sick. I've got the greatest Grandkids! I talked to Pam (the boys' mom ~ my favorite oldest daughter) and she said that Josh was still not feeling well this morning.

The next time the boys come, I'll introduce you to my favorite YOUNGEST Grandson, Nick. He's a real cutie....

Dream says..... ...."Poor Josh! I hope he feels better and comes back REAL SOON. Matt & Nick too!"

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a nice time with the kids, until the stomach incident! I do hope Josh is OK.

    (And I corrected my blog to "Minnesota" - thanks so much for the input! :) There are so MANY of you there!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin