Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Catching Up...


Or at least trying to catch up!

So, where did I leave off?
Oh, yes.  With Angel's shockingly (pink) white ram lamb...
(born 6/27)


Followed by Zaria's flashy, HST EWE lambs on Monday, 6/28.


The firstborn is moorit & white and the second twin is black & white.
I couldn't have asked for any better from my beautiful Zaria! 
She never disappoints me.

What am I going to DO with all of this cuteness???



I haven't named these girls ~ since they're already sold.  I'll probably end up putting some kind of moniker on them,  knowing me...

Before I had time to calm down from the thrill of Zodiak's twin girls, Angel's handsome ram lamb and Zaria's beautiful babies, GODIVA decided she better make her contribution with:


Twin, RAM lambs!
(born Tuesday, 6/29)


A big, solidly built, black boy with a splash of white on top of his head and the cutest little "Star" on his forehead:


And his black & white, Hst brother
with the most unusual facial markings I've ever seen on a lamb!


He's a nicely built, friendly, little guy too!


All the ewes and lambs are doing WONDERFULLY!
I am so proud of my girls.  Not a single one needed any help delivering these gorgeous babies.

You've got to LOVE Shetlands!


DREAM says...


"You Aint seen nothin yet!"
"Flash Dance and I are waiting until all the fuss dies down and then we'll have our babies when all of the attention can be properly focused on ME  er, us,
as it should  be!"

She's not kidding folks, neither Dream nor Flash Dance has even started to get an udder!  Both are looking nice and round but apparently not quite ready to have their babies. 
That Dreamer!  She always has to be the center of attention!

There should be some mighty pretty babies yet to come in the Bluff Country...

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Grandma! They are gorgeous. I'm sure Dreamer will be the last to deliver, just so she'll have no remaining competition.

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, nothing would surprise me anymore!

    ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are so lovely! There would be room over here in Scotland for those little girlies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Jenny -

    I could bring them with me and come for a visit! :)

    I love reading your blog and admiring the breathtaking scenery. I always want to take a long rambling walk in your pictures!

    Katie in WI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:39 PM

    Awww Nancy, I was having a bad day with a hurting back until I saw your blog. They are all mega-cute!!!! Like you say, what will you do with all that cuteness. There's just something about the way their little ears stick out....and Godiva's boys--wow--I'm so proud of her and her solid looking curly-haired boys! You've had a busy week so far and hope your BBB got there fine and you are enjoying your time together!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...I love those twin ewes-they look like such imps! What a lucky person someone is....

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so close to lambing....how close will they get before you see them bagging up? Can ewes bag up only a week before giving birth? I ask because we have a Finn yearling and her last duedate is next week. I only feel 3 slightly puffy teats on her and she is pretty big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good question, Jody.
    How much a ewe bags up before lambing can vary drastically from one sheep to another. Flash Dance is a 'first time' Mom ~ only a yearling. So I don't expect much of an udder on her. But Dream has lambed a number of times and although she doesn't get a huge udder, like some of my girls, she should definitely have a noticeable one. A more reliable sign of impending delivery is the hollowing out in front of the hip bones on the ewe. They usually go from looking quite round to almost emaciated when the babies 'drop' into the birth canal in preparation for delivery.

    Good luck with your Finn girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that little moorit with the spotted nose, so cute!!

    My, oh, my, your gals are keeping you busy!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin