Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Day 4 (my favorite time)

All's quiet in the Bluff Country. This is my very favorite time of the year. The girls still have a while before they're due to lamb, so I'm not wracked with worry, yet. The grass is turning green and my ladies are SO friendly. They love to be petted and scratched. I sit out with them for a while, after work, and they all gather around wanting to be petted. They tip their noses to the sky, as I scratch their chest or backs, or burp and wag their tails as they contentedly snuggle in for a little extra affection. It's amazing how happy a pregnant sheep can make me... ;-)
Alice appears to be getting bigger by the minute! She especially loves it when I scratch her withers. In fact, she 'scratches me back!' (using her teeth to rub against my arm as I scratch her shoulders. I got some great pictures today but will save them for a rainy day (we're supposed to have several, soon). If you look closely, you can see that her udder is enlarging (that's her, in the middle, she looks like she's carrying an extra "wide load"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin