Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Perfect Day...


What a glorious day in the Bluff Country! With a sunny, blue sky and temperatures around 60 degrees, it was a great day to spend lots of time with my pregnant sheep. I got lambing jugs set up and the girl's barn freshly bedded with clean straw. Everyone was enjoying the rapidly greening grass and I spent several hours just sitting and petting my girls. They are getting SO spoiled!


Here's our lovely Alice, contentedly chewing her cud. She enjoyed numerous belly rubs and grazing in the back yard today.


I can't imagine that Flash Flood is going to make it another week before she has her lambs! She is really getting round and her udder is looking quite full.

The boys have been feeling a bit left out of all the attention. So, I spent a little time with them today too. Paco is his usual, obnoxiously friendly self. Five of the girls are carrying his lambs. I'm getting VERY excited.


Tomorrow is my first day starting work at 6:30 a.m. I'm already dreading hearing my alarm clock go off...I'll be getting up at 4:30! **yuck** I wish I could just stay home and play with my sheep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin