Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Premonition...


It's like she knew. When I got home from work, yesterday, I discovered that Phoebe (the white ewe who stole Savannah's daughter) had lambed. Phoebe had a black ewe lamb with white on her head that looks like a twin to Whisper! I didn't even realize that there was a new baby at first. It wasn't until I saw Whisper AND the new baby BOTH by Phoebe that I realized there was a new lamb. I actually had to pick up both girls and look at their bellies (umbilical cords) to tell which one was the new one! It's as if Phoebe knew that her lamb was going to be black with a splash of white on her head and wanted a twin sister for her little girl...I'm calling the new baby "Bluff Country Premonition". Phoebe is being a wonderful mom to both of "her" babies. I gave 'Premo' (pronounced Pree-mo), the colostrum I'd collected from the other new moms and hope that she'll get enough immunity from it to tide her over till she develops her own. I'm going to give her a CDT shot tonight, just to be on the safe side.


Phoebe with her "twin daughters"

In the meantime....Diva and her flashy son, Rock Star were turned out of the jug and onto the pasture for the first time. Rocky's doing great and Diva is a fiercely protective mom. Here's a shot of Kokomo coming up to get acquainted with the Rock Star...


...and Diva "protecting" her son from the fearsome creature that Kokomo obviously is!


...three more girls to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin