Thursday, August 03, 2006

Birds & Bees...

Well, not exactly 'Bees', although I'm sure they're out there too. What I wanted to comment on is the SOUND of birds and insects. For the first time in ages, I slept with my bedroom window open last night! Having come home from work early because I wasn't feeling well, I went right to bed (at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon!) When the phone woke me up, I noticed a sheep on the wrong side of the fence in the girl's paddock. So I got dressed and went out and put her (Diva) back in with the other girls. Since I was up, I sat with the girls for a while. It was BEAUTIFUL out! No strangling heat & humidity. I didn't even sweat. The ewe lambs crowded around me for attention (no cookies today) and I settled in and snuggled my girls, enjoying the gentle breeze and listening to the birds. It occurred to me that this was the first time I'd heard birds chirping/singing in days! It's been so horribly hot that I've had the house closed up and the air-conditioners running 24/7 for over a week. No wonder I was sick! I'd forgotten how wonderful the sound of birds and insects is. I went back in the house and back to bed but opened all the windows up before I crashed. I woke up this morning to the sound of birds chirping and insects buzzing. What a treat!

I'm still not feeling 100% but I'm heading into work. I'll try to get caught up on here tonight...

Dream says....

..."That little Rosie lamb is getting mighty pushy about snuggling with Mom. I might have to have a little chat with her about that..."

2 comments:

  1. Diva just wanted to come to Michigan to see her grandma. I mean her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to feeling better!

    Yes, sometimes it is nice just to "Be" with everything that surrounds you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin