Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 145
Getting VERY Close....


I am SO glad that I wait until late November to put my breeding groups together! I love that the temps are warming up and the grass is starting to green as time for lambing approaches. My girls are getting very close to lambing..

I'm thinking that we may just have a 'surprise' delivery tonight. I'll let you guess who it might be but one of my ladies is hanging out in the barn, this morning, rather than coming out to graze & eat hay with her friends. FTR ~ this picture was taken yesterday.

It is apparent, on several of the ewes, that their bodies are preparing for delivery. The babies have dropped and the ewes have a very sunken appearance.

Of course, Alice looks sunken MOST of her pregnancy! ;-)

I love how snuggly my girls are late in their pregnancies' Here, Zaria (pink nose) & Dream (top) via for my attention.

Zaria wins and gets some 'alone time' with me...

She LOVES getting her belly rubbed!

Oh S@!*T!

We have "mucus".

And I have to go to work.

BELLA says...

"Don't worry Mom, I'll keep an eye on the girls for you!"

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe a shepherd's site is the only one where I could read, "We have mucus" and get excited.

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! What could I possibly add to Lauren's comment??
    Good luck..we want pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have a candidate for motherhood today, also. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that someone else sees the value in April lambing! :)

    I can hardly wait to se who's done what! And may the Shepherd get some rest in-between!
    Hang in there, Nancy! WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally changed the spelling on my blog, so if you cannot access it, spell it right and it should work. AND you can see our new lamb. I might have beat you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm glad I waited too...It's SO much nicer...till 51 degrees tonight at 3am. It's great! Spring is finally here! Happy lambing! Mine should start to pop within a week or two...SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay ... I'm impatient... did you get any lambs yesterday?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin