Thursday, April 24, 2008

Please Don't Pinch Me....
...I don't Want to wake up!

I have the day off work today. I was enjoying a Lazy day. Slept late. Checked the sheep this morning and was just putzing around the house. Shortly after noon, I decided to check the girls who are hanging around the barn because it's been raining all day. This is what I found...

"Little Red Oak Serendipity" (Sera) was in the jug ~ the door to it was open, I have let all the mom's and babies out of the jugs ~ with TWIN, HST, EWE LAMBS!!!!!!!! Did I mention that they are both GIRLS???

From first impressions, I would say that one is going to be Fawn and the other Moorit. I'm just Dizzy, I'm so excited! I can't begin to explain how it feels to see my breeding program coming to fruition like this! I am truly blessed.

The girls are still "goopy" but it's clear to see that they're both beauties. Their sire is "Kimberwood Hunter" (Fawn/HST). I think I'll call this little pistol "Bluff Country Take A Chance". Chance looks like she'll be Moorit/HST, but it's hard to tell with both parents modified. I love the white 'lightening bolt' on her knee!

I'm thinking this yet-to-be-named girl looks Fawn/HsT already. I'm kicking around the possibility of calling her "Bluff Country Luck Be A Lady". What do you think? Too much?

Oh MY! This is fun!

DREAM says...

"Don't forget about ME, Mom! I'm going to give you beautiful babies as well!"

I know you will Dreamer! And they will be very special, just like you!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's better! So many beautiful babies, I can't/can stand it! You are so fortunate (but aren't we all?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost in shock! And I still have 6 girls to go! THREE HSTs and 2 daughters of HSTs/bred to HSTs and Flash Flood ~ who is white ~ I would LOVE a white lamb! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:56 PM

    If Dream has a ram lamb I am still voting for Bluff Country Sandman. Sorry for repeating myself, I just think it is a good name. Your sheep make such cute babies. Bluff Country Batman for a HST ram Lamb would be kinda fun too since they have a super hero type mask on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to worry, Kelly. You've convinced me! I LOVE Bluff Country Sandman for a Dream ram lamb. I bet she'll pull through for us!

    P.S. I like Batman too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhhh Nancy! What luck...and to get to have them show up on your day off too! As usual, you are getting a big crop of beautiful babies this year. I better hurry up and get you paid for the ram lamb I reserved (you might have ewes for sale too, right?). I did not get any HST from Zorro the year I used him, but his daughters have sure come through for me this year (I got three HST lambs from his 5 daughters). I can't wait to see what Zorro's daughters will throw when I breed them to one of your HST ram lambs (getting excited for next year already).

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops, I forgot to do the letters right... I got one HsT and two HST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nancy,
    Sera's lambs are so perfect! And yes, one is so light she is certainly fawn, looking like her dad did as a little guy. And do you see Sera as modified, too? You said that in your post-- I am starting to wonder if almost all of my "moorits" are modified-- Kim said she thought many were, at shearing. Since this is just my 3rd season, I am just learning what a yearling/two-year-old color looks like!
    Again, lovely girls, you lucky duck! I'm getting 2/3 rams this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for you, Nancy! Congratulations to you, nice looking lambs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin